With the spread of the COVID-19 virus, there are some easy, practical steps you can take in an effort to keep yourself safe and prevent the spread of the virus. According to medical experts:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissue or your upper sleeve when sneezing or coughing;
- Avoid contact with others who are sick;
- Stay home if you are sick and call your health provider for guidance.
COVID-19 symptoms may appear in as few as 2 days or as many as 14 days after contracting the virus. Symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
As this is a rapidly evolving situation that has now reached Michigan, our state government will be posting updates HERE.