ALPHA MEDIA’S CONTEST-SPECIFIC RULES FOR THE “MOOSE CHRISTMAS TREE OF LIGHTS” CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These contest-specific rules should be read in conjunction with Alpha Media’s General Contest Rules, which are applicable to all contests conducted by Alpha Media Holdings LLC and/or its subsidiaries (including licensee subsidiaries).
Sponsors: WCEN-FM at 1795 Tittabawassee Road in Saginaw, MI 48604; The Alpena Events Complex at 701 Woodward Avenue in Alpena, MI 49707; Begick Nursery & Garden Center at 5993 Westside Saginaw Road in Bay City, MI 48706; Copoco Community Credit Union at 3262 Cabaret Trail South in Saginaw, MI 48603; Crane’s L&M Appliance Center at 3260 Bay Road in Saginaw, MI 48603; Dan Dan the Mattress Man at 802 Ashman Street in MIdland, MI 48640; Dick’s Last Resort & Cat’s Meow Karaoke Club at 8845 Gratiot Road in Saginaw, MI 48609; Edible Arrangements at 2910 Tittabawassee Road in Saginaw, MI 48604; Frankenmuth Aerial Park at 1375 Weiss Street in Frankenmuth, MI 48734; Freeland SportsZone at 5690 Midland Road in Freeland, MI 48623; Herman Hiss & Company at 905 Washington Avenue in Bay City, MI 48708; Maple Hill Nursery at 2672 North Eastman Road in Midland, MI 48642; Quality Truck & Tire Service LLC at 10532 North Mission Road in Clare, MI 48617; Salon Blue Day Spa & Boutique at 121 South Univeristy Avenue in Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858; Serra Chevrolet/Toyota Saginaw at 4200 Bay Road in Saginaw, MI 48603; Vassar Building Center, Inc at 1071 West Saginaw Road in Vassar, MI 48768; and Wohlfeil Ace Hardware at 5818 State Street in Saginaw, MI 48603 (collectively, “Sponsor”).
1. Promotional Period: The “Moose Christmas Tree of Lights” contest (the “Promotion”) begins on or around November 28, 2022 at 7:10AM/EST and ends at 3:10PM/EST on or about December 16, 2022 or when all prizes have been awarded (the “Promotional Period”).
2. Eligibility Restrictions: The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (except NY and FL) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who live in the state of Michigan. Employees of WCEN-FM (the “Station”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other broadcast stations in the Station’s listening area, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Void outside the United States, in NY and FL, as applicable, and where prohibited.
Excluding the grand prize from Serra Chevrolet/Toyota Saginaw, only one winner per household is permitted for the duration of this Promotion. Individuals may only win a station-conducted contest/sweepstakes with a prize valued at least $600 once every six (6) months.
Participants must sign all contest release and waiver forms before accepting the prize.
Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry as required by law.
3. Entry Method: To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method(s).
VIA TELEPHONE – Listen for the solicit to call the WCEN-FM studio at 989-755-0945 each weekday at approximately 7:10 AM/EST, 8:10 AM/EST, 2:10 PM/EST, and 3:10 PM/EST. At the time of their call entrants must provide all requested information, including their first and last name, complete postal address (street, city, state, and zip code), email address, telephone number, and date of birth. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. The Promotion administrator’s telephone system is the official time keeping device for the Promotion.
4. Available Prizes: Two (2) individual $100 gift certificates to Begick Nursery & Garden Center; two (2) Adirondack chairs provided by Maple Hill Nursery*; one (1) $100 gift card to Herman Hiss & Company; one (1) $100 cash card from Copoco Community Credit Union; one (1) 7-cubic foot freezer from Crane’s L&M Appliance valued at $599*; one (1) $100 certificate to Wohlfeil Ace Hardware; one (1) $100 gift card to Vassar Building Center; one (1) 3-month membership and fitness classes from Freeland SportsZone valued at $200*; one (1) $100 gift certificate to Dan Dan the Mattress Man; two (2) adult passes to Frankenmuth Aerial Park valued at $84*; two (2) tickets to see Collin Raye at the Alpena Events Complex valued at $90*; one (1) Yeti Yukon Cooler from Quality Truck & Tire Service valued at $275; one (1) $50 gift card and one (1) Surface Bassu gift set valued at $71 from Salon BluDay Spa & Boutique; one (1) fruit & chocolate arrangement from Edible Arrangements valued at $80*; two (2) individual $100 gift cards from Dick’s Last Resort; two (2) individual $100 gift cards from Cat’s Meow Karaoke Club; two (2) tickets to Kane Brown’s concert at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort valued at $78; two (2) 3-day passes to the 2023 Bay City Country Music Festival valued at $230.
Each prize winner will also be entered into a random drawing to win the grand prize package* from Serra Chevrolet/Toyota Saginaw which includes: a $500 allowance on parts & accessories; one (1) full detail/recon valued at $250; four (4) oil changes (non diesel) & two (2) tire rotations valued at $250.
Note that the prizes listed above with an asterisk (*) denotes that the listed client and not WCEN-FM will award that prize to the specified winner(s).
5. Odds of Winning: Dependent on number of participants at each contest solicit time.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: Decisions of Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
Each winner of a qualifying prize will be entered into an random drawing to receive the grand prize. The drawing will take place the business day after the last qualifying prize has been awarded and grand prize winner will be notified by 12PM/EST that same day via telephone.
a. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). Winner(s) will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including a winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the station conducting the Promotion (in combination with any prizes won in Promotions run by any other Alpha radio station) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
b. Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s and guest’s (where applicable) permission for the Alpha or its agents to photograph, film and record each winner, and to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, Alpha may, where legal, require a winner (and guest or travel companion, where applicable) to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return any required release. In the case of a conflict in this paragraph 3 b and any similar paragraph in contest specific rules the general specific rules will govern.
c. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you:
i. agree to grant Alpha a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to edit, telecast, exhibit, rerun, reproduce, use, syndicate, license, print, distribute and otherwise exploit any items (including any photos, videos, audio, or written material) submitted as part of your contest entry (the “Materials”), or any portion thereof, in any manner and in any and all formats and media now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you or any third party;
ii. acknowledge that Alpha reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to use the Materials at all; and
iii. represent and warrant that: you are at least as old as the age of majority in your state; you have the full legal right, power and authority to grant to Alpha the license provided for herein; you own or control the complete exhibition and other rights to the Materials you submitted for the purposes contemplated in this license; you are either the parent (or legal guardian) of any minor featured in the Materials or have received the express consent of the parent (or legal guardian) for any such minor to appear in the Materials and to enter the minor’s likeness in the Materials in the contest; and neither the Materials nor the exercise of the rights granted herein shall infringe upon or violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of, or constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, any person or entity.
d. Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the Promotion, Alpha in its sole discretion may require verification of Promotion winner’s or winners’ identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification.
e. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winner(s) and guests (if applicable) agree to release and hold harmless the station conducting the Promotion, its sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, any social media platform utilized in the conduct of the Promotion (including but not limited to Facebook, Inc.) and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. Alpha may also require eligible Promotion winner(s) and their guests or travel companions, if any (as well as each of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if winner(s), guest(s) or travel companion(s) are under the age of majority in their state of residence), to sign a liability release confirming such consent. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return any required release.
f. The station conducting the Promotion, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of the station’s website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. The station conducting the Promotion further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the station’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by the station in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any station website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Alpha reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. The station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the station conducting the Promotion, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, terminate, suspend or cancel the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
g. The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals, or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from sending or receiving a text message; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond Alpha’s control.
8. Official Rules and Winner List: To obtain a copy of the General Contest Rules, these contest-specific rules, or a list of winner(s) following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) specifying “General Contest Rules,” “Contest-Specific Rules,” or “Winner List” to WCEN-FM, 1795 Tittabawassee Road, Saginaw, MI 48604. A copy of the General Contest Rules, contest-specific rules, and a list of winner(s) (when complete) are also available during regular business hours at the main studio of WCEN-FM at 1795 Tittabawassee Road in Saginaw, MI 48604. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Promotion.